Oh happy day, fellow composters! It’s our holiday – International Compost Awareness Week.
. theme is Healthy Soil, Healthy Food and centers on the need for compost as a component of healthy soil
Here are five other reasons to love compost:
- Compost will cut down your watering requirements.
- Compost helps maintain healthy plant growth.
- Compost helps improve the structure of clay and sandy soils.
- Using sustainable soil-enriching composts helps prevent erosion of valuable topsoil without depleting wildlife habitats.
- Compost reduces the need for pesticides and fertilizers.
So raise a glass of (compost) tea and toast with me to our favorite pastime, composting!
Visit the Composting Council site for more information on International Compost Awareness Week.